Monday, May 22, 2006

Back to Normal

Okay, so we're definitely back to normal. Well, almost.

I think the nurse put a little something extra in Katy's IV last week - ever since she has come home from the hospital she has the worst case of the tantrums I have ever seen. I know, I know, she's only a year and a half old...but still. The child now expects oatmeal to appear before she's even finished uttering the word, or else. She even pitched a fit out at breakfast Saturday morning (has NEVER done, in a year of eating every Sunday morning at Panera) , and I got my first taste of Everyone Is Staring At You Becuase Your Kid Is Having A Tantrum. Lovely.

Ladies and gentlemen, pay no attention to the child screaming her head off because her mother won't let her stick a piece of bagel up her nose.

On a much happier note, her understanding of her surroundings lately and ability to talk about them is absolutely amazing to me. Four things from this weekend that are sure to bring a smile to my face, if not the annoyed patrons trying to enjoy a quiet breakfast Saturday morning:

1. Before we even pulled in to the Panera parking lot Saturday morning, she looked out the window and saw the building and started clapping, saying bagel! bagel!

2. On the way out shopping Sunday afternoon, we drove past the movie theaters that we go to for church on Sunday mornings (you can check it out here...Kinetic Christian Church)...she saw the building out the window and chimed in with chursh...chursh

3. In a dressing room, a person a few stalls down started to have a fit of some sort, sneezing seven or eight times in a row. Each time the woman sneezed, Katy smiled at me and said bess-u, bess-u.

4. At the grocery store, she was intently watching the teenaged boy that was bagging our items. When he went to put the first bag back into our cart, she looked at him and said tank you. For a split second he looked at me, sort of puzzled (probably like she's not expecting me to actually talk to this baby, right?), and then looked back at her and replied, "Um...no, thank you."

Well, at least I know she's polite...I guess our next task is patience.

No comments: